04 Sep RFP for Brownfield Consulting Services
CITY OF ANSONIA
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
FOR BROWNFIELD ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL
ANSONIA, CONNECTICUT 06401
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION – The City of Ansonia, Connecticut, is seeking Request For Qualifications (RFQ) for a qualified firm to conduct brownfield related engineering and environmental services. The project shall involve Phase II and III assessment and planning for a portion of the Ansonia Copper and Brass facility located on Liberty Street, Ansonia, Connecticut. The scope of the services may be obtained from Sheila O’Malley, Economic Development Director, City of Ansonia, 253 Main St., Ansonia, Conn. 06401 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and at the City and Town Clerk’s Office, 253 Main Street, Ansonia CT 06401. Proposals shall be due and filed with the Clerk’s Office on or before September 16, 2015, at 11:00 A.M. The City reserves the right to choose one or more firms for services and to reject all proposals depending upon the quality of submittals received.
Request for Proposals for Brownfield Consulting Services
City of Ansonia
September 1, 2015
The City of Ansonia is seeking to enter into an agreement with a qualified firm to conduct brownfield related engineering and environmental services. The City reserves the right to choose one or more firms for services and to reject all proposals depending upon the quality of submittals received.
The intended project is Phase II and III assessment and planning for a portion of the Ansonia Copper and Brass facility. Scope may include building assessment, subsurface assessment, development of environmental assessment reports, and decontamination, demolition, and remediation planning. All work is expected to occur during the next 12 to 18 months.
The program is funded by the CT DECD brownfields assessment funds made available to municipalities under their Remedial Action and Redevelopment Municipal Grant Program.
The City of Ansonia will select a consultant based on documented capabilities; past like or similar project experience; key staff assigned to the project; knowledge of the City of Ansonia; technical approach to environmental assessment activities; and proven ability to perform within the project budgets. The City is entertaining proposals from firms with complete capabilities meeting the requirements below. Teaming arrangement type proposals will not be favored.
- Firm has over 10 years of experience in the State of Connecticut performing environmental investigation and remediation and engineering services.
- Firm has more than one LEP with favorable status with the State of Connecticut.
- There are, on staff, licensed and certified engineers (within the State of Connecticut where applicable), geologists, asbestos inspectors, asbestos designers as well as experienced data validators, risk assessors, remedial engineers and other support disciplines that can provide a broad range of services necessary to develop comprehensive assessment and planning documents.
- Consultant must also demonstrate prior experience in project management and working under the DECD and EPA brownfield grant processes.
- Demonstrate ability to provide insurance coverage including general liability in excess of $2M per occurrence; automobile in excess of $1M; umbrella liability in excess of $1M; and professional liability in excess of $2M per claim.
Responses to this Request for Proposal (RFQ) shall include the following:
- Consultant’s Qualifications and Capabilities: Describe the qualifications and capabilities of the consultant as they relate to the management of brownfield projects and grants, and the demonstrated ability to provide services on multiple projects and perform technical oversight of multiple subcontractors. Emphasis should be on industrial facility closure support and the ability to conduct all services in-house.
- Past Project Experience: Include project summaries of relevant brownfield projects completed in the State of Connecticut and EPA Region 1. Summarize the scope of work, and provide client contact information.
- Key Staff Assigned to the Project: Identify specific personnel that will be assigned to the following key roles for the project: Project Manager and Lead Technical Staff members. Personnel identified in the proposal must be the principal staff that will work on the project and represent the majority of hours billed to the project. Consultants must provide organizational chart and brief 2-page resumes for the project manager and the lead technical staff members. Certified or licensed professionals (e.g., CT DPH licensed Asbestos Inspectors, OSHA 40 hour Hazwoper Certification, etc.) must be used to perform work as required.
- Standard Billing Rates: Provide standard billing rates for implementing the attached Scope of Work (SOW). These rates will be considered during the selection of the preferred contractor. However, the City will solicit a final proposal based on the defined scope of work prior to executing any tasks. Contracts and agreements with the State of Connecticut are acceptable means of demonstrating billing rates.
The City reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject all submissions, reissue a subsequent RFQ and/or RFQ, terminate, restructure or amend this procurement process at any time. Evaluation criteria contained herein shall be used in evaluating qualifications. The City may contact any consultant after receiving its submittal to seek clarification of any portion thereof. The City reserves the right to request additional information from any consultant if the City deems such information necessary to further evaluate the consultant’s qualifications. In the event the City elects to negotiate a contract with a selected consultant, the City reserves the right to negotiate such terms and conditions of the contract, including, but not limited to scope, role, and price and staffing which may be in the best interests of the City.